top of page


Canada as a nation is one of the most ethnically diverse countries in the world. People from all over the world wish to travel to Canada and visit this great nation. When tourists come to Canada as visitors, they require a valid authorization or a visa prior to entering Canada. However, nationals from few countries are exempt from visa requirements. 


If you wish to Study in Canada, you might need a study authorization to go to a college or a university. There are some exemptions to Study permits as well. To learn more about these categories please contact us.

Parents and Grandparents can visit their children by applying for a Super-Visa. This visa is specially intended for parents and Grandparents who wish to come to Canada to see their children and stay longer than 6 months time period. Did you know that on a super-visa, parents/grandparents can stay up to two years? For detailed information, please contact us at Gogna Immigration.

Visitor Visa

Visitor's Visa

If you wish to enter Canada temporarily for tourism you either require a Visitor's visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). There are some important points to remember before planning to apply for a visa. The general eligibility criteria for a visitor's


visa application is as follows: 

  1. The foreign national must have a valid travel document such as Passport.

  2. The person must have a clean criminal record, no criminal or immigration-related convictions.

  3. One must be in good health.

  4. The applicant must prove to the officer that he/she has strong family and financial ties to the home country.

  5. The applicant must also have good financial health, one must have enough money to stay in Canada.


These are general requirements; however, every applicant has their specific requirements to qualify for a visitor's visa. Therefore, for a complete assessment of your case, contact us and we will be happy to assist you in your visitor's visa application.

Study Permit

A study permit is required to study in Canada in a designated learning institution. This permit must not be confused with the term Study visa. There is a difference between the two. A study visa is something that you get stamped on the passport (Visa Stamp) which is required to enter Canada as a student. A Study permit is an authorization issued to the student at the port of entry by an immigration officer or a CBSA officer.

There are some eligibility criteria for this stream:

  1. The applicant must be accepted and enrolled at a designated learning institution (DLI)

  2. The person must have a clean criminal record, police verification required

  3. Applicant must prove that he/she has enough funds to pay for the tuition and accommodation while studying in Canada

  4. The applicant must also be in good health in order to pass the medical requirements.

  5. Finally, the applicant must satisfy the visa officer that he/she will leave the country upon completion of their study period


These are general requirements for the Study visa application. However, there are case-specific requirements, which can be determined at the time of consultation. For a detailed analysis of your case, contact us at Gogna Immigration.

Super Visa

A super visa is a great way to be with your parents and grandparents for more than 6 months. Unlike a visitor's visa, parents/grandparents can stay in Canada for up to 2 years at a time. It’s a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period of up to 10 years.

Like other programs, there are some eligibility criteria for this type of visa as summarized below.

  1. The applicant must be a parent or a grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.

  2. Must have medical insurance with a coverage of at least $100,000.

  3. The aforementioned insurance must be valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry and proof of purchase is required.

  4. The applicant's child or grandchild must provide an invitation letter which must include a promise of financial support for the length of stay in Canada, Meet the LICO (total number of people in household and income table based on that)

  5. Proof of relationship with the sponsor (Birth certificate)

  6. Proof of Canadian citizenship and permanent residency of the sponsor.

  7. The applicant will also be required to undergo a medical examination

  8. One must also have a clean criminal record and must be admissible to Canada.


Apart from the above-mentioned points and requirements, there are other considerations that a visa officer will look into while deciding the case. for instance.

  1. Ties to the home country

  2. The overall financial situation of the applicant and the sponsor.

  3. The economic and political stability of the home country of the applicant.


If you are planning for applying a Super Visa for your parents or grandparents and require assistance, please contact us at Gogna immigration for case-specific analysis.

Parents & Grand Parents Visa
Study visa
bottom of page